in eastern Washington County was created as a plantation on February 15, 1887 from a portion of the town of Eaton. That town no longer exists, since its remaining portion was annexed to Danforth.
Forest City was an organized municipality until it surrendered that status effective March 1, 1924, thus becoming Forest City Township, now administered by the state.3
The U.S. Census ended its population count in 1930, grouping Forest City with other Washington County townships thereafter.
Forest City village is at the extreme northern end of this thumb shaped township, which is almost surrounded by water: on the west by The Arm, a long, narrow bay of Grand Lake; on the east by the St. Croix River.
This township is just east of U.S. Route 1. The Forest City Road trends northeast from Brookton village in Brookton Township.
After passing through Forest Township, one arrives at Forest City Township where a border crossing to Canada is located. Within the United States, the only exit is back down the Forest City Road to Brookton.