Entries listed under "cabins"
settled by Europeans in 1771, in Cumberland County, incorporated in 1841, is on the north shore of Sebago Lake. The Songo Lock, built about 1830, linked Long Pond and Brandy Pond with Sebago Lake, allowing boat passage from Harrison to Portland. Nathaniel Hawthorne, author and Bowdoin College graduate was its most prominent resident. Continue reading
Sakom Township, also known as T5 ND BPP, is certainly a “land of lakes.” Included within it boundaries are major segments of Sysladobis Lake, Pocumus Lake, and Fourth Machias Lake, plus many inlets, coves, bays and two large islands. The … Continue reading