Entries listed under "town hall"
Capital since 1832, originally “Cushnoc,” it was the site in 1628 of the Pilgrims’ trading post, and in 1754, Fort Western. The Blaine House governor’s residence is here. The Pine Tree State Arboretum has 200 acres of rolling hills and meadows and a diversity of habitats. Continue reading
This western-most town borders New Hampshire on the Salmon Falls River. A rapidly growing rural commuter community, Lebanon tripled its population between 1970 and 2010, adding 20% between 2000 and 2010. Settled in 1743, it was incorporated 1767. A meeting house was erected in 1753, two garrison houses in 1755, and a parsonage in 1759. Continue reading