Entries listed under "Route 168"
in Penobscot County, incorporated in 1832, is home to Lee Academy. Victorian style Mallett Hall, also known as the Mount Jefferson House, has been a fixture in the town since 1889. village center lies at the intersection of Route 6 and the short Route 168 from Winn. Continue reading
Winn village is on U.S. Route 2 between Lincoln and Mattawamkeag on the east bank of the Penobscot River. See photos. During the 19th century, International Paper Company harvested wood to supply its pulp and paper mills. Winn is an agricultural community slowly losing its small population as are many northern Maine towns. Continue reading