Entries listed under "mobile homes"
Bradford is a rural community with no lakes or mountains. In the early 20th century, Bradford Corner hosted an auto garage and wagon shop and Kingsbury’s Store, which housed a post office. A blacksmith had his shop where the library now sits. See photos. Continue reading
in Penobscot County, incorporated in 1832. The township was first settled in 1824, probably by Tristam Hurd who donated the name “Hurd Ridge” to the area. Saponac Lake, in the south, is from the Indian word for “the big opening.” Lumbering and agriculture have been the main occupations, with little manufacturing. Continue reading
This forested, rural unorganized township in Hancock County has few residents and no major village. Fletchers Landing is a small village on Graham Lake, a large water body north of Ellsworth. Continue reading