Entries listed under "forest ranger stations"
Part of the Bingham Purchase, it was named after a borough near London, England. Fully 10 percent of the area is water, primarily in the form several lakes. Blueberries have been a staple crop for much of the town’s history. Continue reading
In 1775 the area had been the scene of Benedict Arnold’s march to Quebec. He was accompanied by Col. Timothy Bigelow, who returned to the area and for whom Bigelow Mountain is named. Eustis village in the north of the township, is on the North Branch of the Dead River and is the smaller of the two villages, the other being Stratton. Continue reading