Entries listed under "findhamlin"
a plantation in Aroostook County, organized in 1859 for election purposes and formally organized for general purposes in 1895. Named for Hannibal Hamlin, President Lincoln’s first Vice President, this northeastern community is bounded on the north by the St. John River. See map. The population is concentrated along the river on the Hamlin Road (U.S. Route 1A). Hamlin Plantation is subject to the Maine Land Use Regulation Commission, which has identified critical natural areas in the plantation. Continue reading