Entries listed under "arnold expedition"
Also known as T2 R5 WBKP, this township is predominantly Penobscot Indian Territory, distributed as the result of the 1980 Maine Indian Claims Settlement. The North Branch of the Dead River flows through its northeast corner, beginning at Sarampus Falls. … Continue reading
Settled in 1772, known as Brookfield, Seven Mile Brook Plantation, and Titcomb Town, it is named for British Lord George Anson. In 1775, Benedict Arnold’s expedition camped at Norridgewock Falls, near the current town office. Continue reading
is the name for Township T2 R6 WBKP, which contains the Chain Lakes, a waterway that provided Benedict Arnold’s expedition with the final passage to Canada on October 25th and 26th in 1775. The North Branch of the Dead River … Continue reading